Favourite Moments?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite Moments?

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 pm

There are so many awesome moments that happen throughout the episodes...some of which that make us laugh, some of which that make us go "Awwwwww!!!", some of which that make us smile and feel good inside...moments that maybe we didn't like.

But today, let's talk about some of our favourite moments in the episodes (and in the movie also). 8D Whether they made us laugh, smile, coo, or just enjoy. X3

The end of the episode "Arnold and Lila", when Helga actually comforts Arnold a bit, and he offers to walk her home. That always struck me as kind of odd how he did that. xD But it was sweet. I also like how the foreground had all these plants and flowers and was kind of framing the two of them as they were walking away.

Arnold's crazy dance in "24 Hours To Live"....yeah, I didn't much care for this episode, to be honest. But anyhow, his crazy dance was silly. xD With that song there, and especially when he took those garbage can lids and banged them against the sides of his head like cymbals! "Don't hit me! I hit me!"

"Beaned", one of my favourite episodes. When Arnold tucked Helga into her bed...awww.... When they walked to school together under his umbrella with their arms linked, when Helga took his hat and put it on her nose...xD So cute. When Arnold was feeding her the chocolate pudding, cute! And then at the end, she doesn't even get mad when he admits that it was his fault the baseball hit her, and he offers to walk her home, and says he genuinely wants to even though he doesn't have to. Awwwww....

In Helga's dream in "Married" when she saved Arnold and they shared pastrami on rye and ended up kissing. One of the times we actually see their lips meeting. OwO X3

"School Play", when Helga told Lila she liked Arnold...and...well, doi! The kiss. X3 Totally awesome.

"The Journal", when Miles and Stella were in that one temple and they found an inscription on the wall...and SPIDERS!!! xD And they run out and Miles is all "I hate spiders I hate spiders I hate spiders!". I don't blame him. xD I love all the flashbacks of Miles and Stella's adventures, they were fun. :3

"Girl Trouble", when we find out at the end of the episode that Gertie, the girl who mercilessly teased Phil in his childhood because she had a crush on him is in fact Arnold's Grandma. xD LOL! It was also one of the indications that Arnold and Helga are meant for each other. X3

"Beach Story", when they kissed for the second time, and while they were building the sandcastle. After all, they make a really good team. 8D

During the dream in "Arnold Visits Arnie", I just giggle at the way Arnold instantly falls for Hilda and says "Hi" in that lovesick manner. And oh, most especially it's also awesome how he asks "Do I know you?", meaning there's a sense of familiarity in there. Doi! She looks and sounds like Helga, and acts like her when she's not a bully. I love that moment when he asks her that, because it shows deep down in his subconscious, he recognizes Helga as someone worthy of love and affection (mainly, his love and affection). And then at the end of the episode when he hugs her. Squee!!! <3

"Arnold's Valentine", which was one of my favourite episodes also, and also them telling us straight out "Yes, they're meant for each other", I loved the moment where they were sitting there and Helga had her hand out on the table and smiling at him, and Arnold's looking down at her hand and then at her, there's romantic music in the background.... <3 And at the end when he kisses her hand. >w< Awww!!!

Their unforgettable tango in "April Fool's Day", oh GOD. xD Totally awesome. It just disappoints me so that it was a prank. e_e Oh well, you can't deny Arnold was blatantly flirting at the same time. xD X3 Hot hot!

When Arnold flirted with Helga in "Dinner For Four" while they were washing dishes! It was so CUTE! <3 He calls her sophisticated, sprays her with the spray nozzle, and winks at her. >w< It's so funny how he flat-out flirts with her sometimes.

"Arnold's Thanksgiving", also one of my favourite episodes. When they were bonding and talking the whole time. I know that's not exactly a specific moment, but it's worth mentioning. 8D Okay, and I loved how Arnold said "Happy Thanksgiving, Helga" on her front stoop while watching her and her family through the window. And the WAY he said it so sweet!!!! <3 And I also love how Helga's parents and Olga were all loving and sweet to her for a change. <3

Also in "Arnold's Thanksgiving", I love when Gerald and Phoebe are holding hands and they look at each other when Mr. Simmons says that you should be thankful for what you have. <3 SQUEE!

"Roller coaster", I saw this episode years ago... It was fun how Arnold and Eugene were sitting in the stranded roller coaster singing Itsy Bitsy Spider. xD

The confession and smoochie scene in the movie. Doi! xD

Okay, I'm rambling. xD I'll put more later.

What about you guys? Meow

NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Arnold

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite Moments?

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:57 pm

...I think you may have listed all of my favorite moments.

Except the one at the end of the Christmas episode where Helga's standing alone outside whispering "Merry Christmas, Arnold." It really established how sweet and loving she can be, how she'd do anything for him, even if he won't know about it.

I also liked "Eugene, Eugene"...especially when Eugene kisses Lila out of nowhere. It seemed so random, but it was awesome.

Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 pm

My most favorite moment is in "The Flood" when Helga falls out the window and Arnold gets this horribly stricken look on his face and she shouts out his name.

Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 pm

I always enjoy Gerald's telling of the urban legends. It really showed off his voice actor's abilities, and there was usually such fun imagery to go along with it.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Squirreltamer wrote:My most favorite moment is in "The Flood" when Helga falls out the window and Arnold gets this horribly stricken look on his face and she shouts out his name.

Snap! I nearly forgot that!

I whole-heartedly agree. I totally missed that when I saw the episode years ago as a child. But yeah, he got so stricken and horrified and yelled "Nooo!".

Also, I liked the part in "Egg Story" when they found the egg and it hatched into a chick!!! Yeah, that was going against logic...but who cares. xD I also liked the little HaroldxRhonda moment at the end of the episode with their little egg, Courtney. <3

I also agree, Perhapsormaybe. <3 Helga proved in that episode how caring she is and how much material gain means nothing over Arnold's happiness.

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:46 pm

I enjoyed "Egg Story" as a whole...it's one of my favorite episodes. It was just entertaining, and I did feel bad for Helga, since she decided she was going to try to be nice and this time it was Arnold who started the situation off.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:06 pm

I agree, it was one of my favourite episodes too. xD Fight fight fight argue argue argue... Make up! Yay!

My icon is actually from "Egg Story". X3 Haha! I liked that moment they were just sitting there, her head was THIS close to his shoulder...

I felt bad for Harold, too, but his heart was in the right place. >w<

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 am

Okay, HOLY CRAP! The scene that made me laugh probably the most out of the whole darned show was in the episode, "Arnold as Cupid" when Oskar moves into Arnold's room, and when he's doing so, he states that Arnold must have a sweetheart, and Arnold's all, "Not really..."

And THEN it flashes to Helga sitting in her closet, with her shrine and all the blinking lights, and she's just sitting there looking all content. XD ROFL!!!! That killed me!!! I mean really!!!

Oskar: You must have a sweetheart.
Arnold: Not really...
(Helga in her closet w/ shrine)

And then after the flash it just goes back to Arnold and Oskar in his room. Oh... I just love that! Especially with the music in the backround!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It's too funny! Sorry... That just drove me crazy just about two days ago, and I had to share. Big Grin

Last edited by Weird1 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I felt like it...)

Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 am

Squirreltamer wrote:

My most favorite moment is in "The Flood" when Helga falls out the window and Arnold gets this horribly stricken look on his face and she shouts out his name.

Oh yeah! I loved that too! He looks like he's gonna have a heart attack!!! YAY! Pfft, that's probably not something I should be cheering about, but since it was over Helga possibly dying... YAY! He DOES care!!!

Weird1

Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:30 am

From April Fool's Day:

"Yes, I'll help you, my poor, BLIND friend!" XD

I also love the episode "Stuck in a Tree". That episode cracks me up everytime I watch it, espescially the little song Eugene sings, and when the three of them see themselves as old men in the tree.

Harold: NEVER MARRY A SQUIRREL! XD

"Eugene, Eugene!" is a fun one because I like all the songs. I love the dress rehearsal where Arnold purposely sings the villian song ("Nice Guys Finish Last") in a deadpan, monotic voice. SO FUNNY!

"Parent's Day" and "The Journal" are two of my favorite episodes because it's fun seeing what Miles and Stella were like; Miles/Stella is one of my favorite pairings. I LOVE the music in "Parent's Day", especially the end credits, because it's sad, but at the same time, fills you with a sense of hope when you listen to it.

"Helga's Makeover" is a fun episode for me. I love the part where the boys crashed Rhonda's sleepover and made the dorky faces in the window. That gets me everytime I watch that episode.

I like the scene in "Arnold's Hat" when Miles and Stella give him his first hat. I think it's cool it took place in the first season, and how even at the beginning of the show, we learn of something that connects Arnold to his parents without revealing too much.

"Arnold's Valentine" and "Operation Ruthless" will always be favorites of mine. I like that "Operation Ruthless" had a dark ending. "Arnold's Valentine" was great because it shows what Helga would be like if she didn't act like a bully. It also shows that Helga is someone capable of being loved. I believe this episode was the beginning of Arnold's subconscious putting that together and that "Arnold Visits Arnie" solidified that.

I love "Field Trip" where Arnold and Grandma rescue Lockjaw from the aquarium. I like the part where they pass the security guard feeding cookies to the penguin.

Security Guard: Here, have a cookie.
*Penguin tosses it out*
Security Guard: Oh, you tossed your cookie! Ha!
*Repeat*

And then, when the same security guard is putting his hand in the water where a shark is swimming, and then he falls into the tank and the shark swims up to him. XD

"It Girl" is just plain hilarious. I love that Helga's angry expression made her famous.

"Arnold's Christmas" will always be a favorite of mine because it shows how much Helga really loves Arnold. I found it touching that she loves him so much, that she's willing to give up something she really wanted, just so Arnold can be the good Secret Santa and have Mr. Hyunh reunite with his daughter.

There are so many favorite moments! I'll have to come back for more since I'm tired now! Good night! Smile

Last edited by One Fine Wire on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 am

I also love in the episode "Eugene, Eugene" when Eugene is telling everyone what the play is about, and it shows Helga's expression... Her expression there cracks me up every time. And then when everyone is going inside and Phoebe asks Helga if she's coming, and she replies, "I'd rather pound nails in my forehead." She's so awesome! THIS is why she's my favorite character!

Sorry for all the seperate posts on here, btw... I keep remembering different scenes I like. Big Grin

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Okay, HOLY CRAP! The scene that made me laugh probably the most out of the whole darned show was in the episode, "Arnold as Cupid" when Oskar moves into Arnold's room, and when he's doing so, he states that Arnold must have a sweetheart, and Arnold's all, "Not really..."

And THEN it flashes to Helga sitting in her closet, with her shrine and all the blinking lights, and she's just sitting there looking all content. XD ROFL!!!! That killed me!!! I mean really!!!

Oskar: You must have a sweetheart.
Arnold: Not really...
(Helga in her closet w/ shrine)

xD LOL!!! I just recently saw that episode and I nearly forgot that!! Oh, the irony!!!!

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:37 pm

"Eugene, Eugene" gets extra points from me for having Tim Curry in it. I LOVE Tim Curry. And these are all excellent moments!

...Is it weird that I blush when Arnold flirts with Helga at the end of "Dinner For Four"? He's just so adorable and obvious about it, but I bet Helga doesn't really get it, though she certainly enjoyed the attention.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:41 pm

OMG OMG TIM CURRY OMG!!!

Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Squirreltamer wrote:OMG OMG TIM CURRY OMG!!!

This is the proper response when Tim Curry is mentioned. ^_^

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Oh DUDE!!! It's true that Tim Curry guest-voiced! That is awesome. Didn't Harvey Korman also guest-voice, as Dino Spumoni's song writer or something?

XD Wow, the series sure had some big names in there!

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 pm

I ...don't really know who Harvey Korman is, sorry.

OOOH! I do not remember what episode it was, but one of my absolute favorites was when Phil is explaining about a girl who teased him when he was little, and was just horrible to him...and then at the end they reveal that girl was Gertie.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 pm

That episode was "Girl Trouble".

I love the ending to "Weird Cousin" where Arnie tells Helga he loves her, and Helga just stares at him, completely horrified. Even though Arnie's the dullest character to ever grace "Hey Arnold!", he makes me laugh. I don't know why, he just does.

I found this part from "Field Trip" funny - mainly Arnold's reaction.

In the episode "Married", I love the whole part of Helga's dream segment when she goes to rescue Arnold.

The ending to "Helga's Parrot" is great too. I like the part where she falls out of the roof and onto Phil and Gertie's kitchen table. The two of them just stare at her as Helga gets up and limps out of the house. Then, when the monitor lizard eats the parrot just as its about to reveal Helga's name. Gross, but so funny at the same time!

I think "Monkey Business" is a great introspection on Helga because it actually SHOWS why she won't tell Arnold her true feelings for him. In her dream when she gets turned into a monkey and confesses to Arnold she loves him, he rejects her. Her subconscious is reaffirming this fear in her dream, showing that Helga is scared of Arnold's rejection.

"What's Opera, Arnold?" Really. Who DOESN'T love that episode?

I love the ending to "Quantity Time" where Bob and Helga are at the musical rats, both bonding over the fact that they think the musical is stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:40 pm

I LOVE the Field Trip scene...Arnold's voice in it is so terrified you think for a mad moment that they really did do something to Gertie...and Gertie's at her crazy finest in that episode.

I need to rewatch "Monkey Business". There are actually a good amount of episodes I've only seen once or twice, and they're not as easy for me to remember.

"Helga's Parrot" is what got me back into the show when I was younger. I'd stopped watching, but my mom was babysitting a friend of mine who still liked it, and she asked to watch. The episode was "Helga's Parrot" and I enjoyed it so much I started watching the show again.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Yeah, that's why I love the Field Trip scene! I also like the little comic relief moments with the security guard.

I found all the Hey Arnold! episodes here. They have all the episodes from all the seasons.

About a month ago, I showed the episode "Helga's Parrot" to two of my cousins, ages five and seven. They LOVED it! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:55 pm

"Helga's Parrot" was fun. X3 Favourite moment...was when Helga ended up watching him get undressed. Oh noes! xD That was a pretty ballsy move they made for a kid's show. But of course we all know it was that silly "Yeah, adult humour you don't get till your older" and for comedic effect. XD

But I sure got sad when that lizard ate the parrot!!! DX Not cool!

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 pm

One Fine Wire - You are my new hero for that link.

I'm hoping to buy the series on DVD once I get a job. Some of the newer cartoons these days make me cringe (either the main character's a brat or the show is getting far too much past the radar), and I want to show it to my son when he's old enough.

Oh God, Helga watching him get undressed...At least she passed out before he got to his pants...right?

My favorite joke from the movie was this short exchange:

Gerald: *starts praying*
Arnold: I didn't know you were religious.
Gerald: Neither did I...

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:00 am

Perhapsormaybe: No problem! I literally danced when I found that link! I want to have all the DVDs as well. And major props to you for wanting your kid to grow up with Arnold. I'm not a parent yet, but I want my kids to see "Hey Arnold!". In fact, I want to raise my kids on the cartoons I grew up with and on older cartoons, because the children's shows today are nothing but drivel. At this point, children's programming will only get worse.

As much as I love watching "Hey Arnold!", sometimes it makes me sad. This is because watching the show, and realizing that my childhood was when children's programming was in its prime and reached its peak, hits a little too close to home the fact that children's programming has really gone downhill in terms of quality.

Today in children's shows, either everybody's famous, has magical powers, is drop dead gorgeous, goes to school right on the beach, or is just way too out there. Children's shows have no sense of realism to them. Instead of shows that are plot driven and where character development is essential, the shows today are plotless and filled with only slapstick humor. What ever happened to shows that starred REAL kids and REAL families getting into REAL situations? Not everybody is famous, rich, or goes to school along the beach. I hate to see what the little girls who grow up with Hannah Montana will be like when they reach adulthood. *Shudder*

The whole reason why I love "Hey Arnold!" is because it focused on the characters in real, human situations. It portrayed that idyllic, childhood innocence we all lose as we grow up. What's awesome is the fact that "The Patakis" would've showed the characters more grown up and having lost the childhood innocence they had in "Hey Arnold!". It would've been cool to compare and contrast the two.

It breaks my heart now to see that children's programming has gone down the drain and is filled with nothing but drivel. It makes me scared that the next generations of children will grow up stupid. I say we all raise our kids on "Hey Arnold!" and save them from the stupidity of those around them! YEAH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:47 am

I don't mind some of the newer cartoons (I'm a rabid watcher of "Phineas and Ferb, and the theme song is magic...no matter how upset my son is he will go so far as to stop crying when that music starts. It's quite entertaining to see, actually), but I agree that there doesn't seem to be any 'realistic' cartoons anymore. Arnold could have worked as a live program (save some of his and Helga's daydreams), but the cartoon aspect drew more kids in. It still taught life lessons without being overly preachy.

Ah, Hannah Montanna....reason number 6 or so why I wanted to have a boy (She's the Lizzie McGuire of her day. When Hannah's over with, some new girl who can't sing will have taken her spot).

I'm still just as sad about not getting The Patakis as not getting the Jungle movie. Seeing Helga more grown up (and maybe calmed down a bit), see how she gets along without Arnold (even if they had broken up, he clearly still meant a lot to her, given that she was supposed to write a letter to him every episode. I thought it was kind of heartbreaking that Craig said she'd never mail them). I'm pretty curious as to how the kids would age up. I have my own theories, of course, but it would have been nice to see the canon version.

"It Girl" was one of my favorites because it just made me laugh. My sisters often made fun of me for watching cartoons (at the point I saw this episode I was 14....my grandma tried to convince my mother that it was 'unnatural' for me to still be watching cartoons at my age. Dad tried to limit them, but backed off when I asked if he'd rather I watched what my sisters were watching)...but even my eldest older sister laughed hysterically at one quick joke they threw in - the name of the magazine being "Vague".

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:10 am

I'm sad that we'll never get "The Jungle Movie" or "The Patakis". We know little bits and pieces about "The Jungle Movie" and "The Patakis", but it's sad that we'll never truly know. Speculation, theories, and fanfiction are fun, but it'd be great to have the real thing. Maybe in another lifetime, perhaps?

Oddly enough, the reason why "The Patakis" never aired on Nick at Nite like it was supposed to was because they found the show "too dark." Talk about frustrating; you haven't lived life unless you've had dark moments in it. Shielding people away from realism sets them up to fail in life. That's why I find children's programming today so frustrating - not everything in life is happy and ideal, and sometimes, life is not kind to you. "Hey Arnold!" did a fantastic job of demonstrating that without getting too preachy about it.

I'm not saying we should all be cynics and get rid of that hope and idealism. Those are great. However, what made the cartoons of our childhood, and of older generations so awesome is the fact that they balanced that hope and idealism perfectly with realism. "Hey Arnold!" is a perfect example of doing that, putting an idealistic daydreamer into everyday, real life situations and watching how he sorts through them while balancing the two. It's sad to see how, for the most part, children's programming isn't what it used to be. But I do agree - two of the little boys I babysit are into "Phineas and Ferb". I've watched the show with them a few times and it's actually quite hilarious, but I still miss the good old days when children's programming was in its prime.

And "It Girl" is my mom's favorite "Hey Arnold!" episode. Sometimes she'll walk around the house and say, "I'm the It Girl like Helga!" just because she can and I"ll laugh forever over it.

I also like the episodes "Grandpa's Packard" because it gives Phil, and especially Gertie the spotlight. "The Racing Mule" is fun too, and hearing Arnold sing "You Are My Sunshine" is TOO ADORABLE. Major squeeing there. "Fishing Trip" is one my favorites simply because it makes me laugh. I found it funny how Gerald's dad has a personality similar to Arnold's - idealistic and full of optimism. "Veteran's Day" is always a favorite of mine because I love history. The ending is very moving as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top