RP - Stuck in the Mall

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RP - Stuck in the Mall

Post by agshepherd on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:12 am

[[ooc; omg that arnold post gave me so many feels ;3; ]]

Helga sighed looking at the screen on her cell phone before snapping it shut and turning back to her comrads.

"Well, Wolfprick wants us at the front enterance. Apparently he's already locked the doors to keep new goons from coming in but that also means we can't get out until he lets us out."

Scary really. For someone so large and stupid to have such power of authority. Not that Helga Pataki followed any authority anyway. She certainly wasnt going to give any respect to beef heads.

Her intuition was a curse really and Helga picked up Arnold's apprehension. At what, she wasn't sure, she couldn't read minds but she did feel he seemed...unsettled.

"...Hey...Shortman." She snapped her fingers in front of his face and offered him her legitimate concerned eyes. "You okay?"

agshepherd

Female Number of posts : 221
Favorite character : Pooter
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Helga

View user profile http://soapboxshouts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:27 am

"Huh?" Arnold came back down to the real world and gave Helga a small smile. Telling her he was worried about her would just be repeating himself, and probably wouldn't do anything anyway. Still... "We'll talk about it later, maybe. Just you and me. What were you saying about Wolfgang?"

Perhapsormaybe2

Female Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-08-27

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:04 am

Helga frowned a little. So he did confirm there was something going on that was bothering him.

"Oh...okay..." Helga rubbed the back of her neck, feeling a little insecure. Okay feeling a lot insecure. Back in the day, whenever Arnold spoke of just you and me Helga would be all but bouncing on cloud 9. Eager, anxious, happy, nervous, excited and everything in between. She would doll herself up and put on a show.

Nowadays though, those just you and me moments had become far less about hanging out and getting close and much more...serious. Not to say they didn't have fun sometimes, they did. He was still one of her best friends. But Arnold had surprisingly opened up to Helga recently and even though she had thought she'd known everything about him, he was very good at being stoic growing up. Maybe that was another subconscious reason she was drawn to him. Arnold could hide his childhood issues, Helga had to sculpt a float of her disturbingly dysfunctional family for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

"I said we have to meet him at the front entrance and I guess he'll let us out." So she started walking in that direction, but slowed to look over her shoulder at her two friends. "C'mon Phoebs!"

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:12 am

Arnold shrugged at Phoebe and gestured for her to go ahead. He was starting to get the feeling that something was not right, and he wanted to keep an eye out. Sure, there were no signs of danger, but everything felt off. He involuntarily shuddered. Maybe it was just a side effect of most of the lights in the mall being off? He'd never been there this late before.

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by criminyy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:53 am

Sid opened his eyes slowly, the blurred surroundings started to come in focus. "What--where..." He questioned, dazed and confused, then his heart beat quickened and suddenly he was panicking. Sid in his franticness, fell off the seat which he apparently fell asleep on and he quickly realIzed where he was.

"Ahh damn, not again." Sid groaned groggily, helping himself up. The massage seats were stupidly comfortable, especially after a long day of cleaning crap and God knows what off the floor, walls,...and toilets. It was the worst kind of day. Not to mention his manager was also giving him a really hard time.
Uptight arrogant prick.

Sure, he was working fast food for and there was nothing he really expected in return besides a joke for a paycheck...but feeling undermined was such a sucky feeling that always stuck deep into his gut. He felt that everyday since the day the position was handed to him.

In conclusion: work sucks.
The mall looked weird being empty and dark. That was probably one of the reasons why Sid didn't recognize what everything was.
"Guess I was that tired." Sid shrugged and rolled his stiff shoulders, making his way towards the exit. As he trudged down the long pathway, he heard a few familiar voices.
"Hello?" Sid called out.

criminyy

Female Number of posts : 25
Favorite character : Too many!

Character Character: Sid

View user profile http://criminy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Phoebe smiled to herself, watching Arnold and Helga bicker. Their relationship had grown in leaps and bounds, but increasingly she found herself playing third wheel. As the two blonds scampered off down the hallway she followed at a much more sedate pace. She could hear the ominous crackling sound of fluorescent bulbs being shut off all around her and down the other wings. Only the occasional panel stayed on as 'emergency' lighting. It gave everything a very eerie cast and created shadows everywhere.

hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

View user profile http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Ok, now Arnold was starting to get more worried. The creeping feeling he had temporarily made the hello sound ominous, but after he relaxed more he realized that he knew the voice. "Sid?" He looked around, but couldn't find the other boy. "Helga? Phoebe? Did you guys just hear something, too?"

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Helga had, subconsciously learned over the years, that when Arnold was around she was usually tuned out. There were many reasons, really. Most of the time it was because she too busy watching him to pay attention to what was going on around them. Moreso, however it seemed to be that Helga was just incredibly trusting of Arnold, she'd follow him to the ends of the Earth if she didn't care to know in what direction they were headed.

Being of particularly dark nature and knowing the closing routine of the mall- she wasn't phased by the lighting. Having put in her ear buds, (probably some Flotsam and Jetsam album lost to time and space) Helga was busy unwrapping a stick of gum. She always tried to be chewing it after recently smoking around Arnold. She popped it in her mouth without a care in the world and tossed the wrapper over her shoulder.

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by criminyy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:46 pm

The lights suddenly clicked off with a light whir and it was dark. Sid stopped, his throat, dry, and the thumping pulsed through like a heartbeat in his eardrums.
"H-hello?" Sid squeaked. He brought his arms closer to his body and distanced himself from the walls and stores that may or may not have been closing in. Loud thunder cracked and the sound left a vibrating echo down the hall, traveling into his body like lightning as he shook in fear. His steps escalated to quick pacing, even faster and faster until Sid started running. At this point he had no idea where he was going but all he knew is that he wanted to get out.
With senses dazed, the collision between him and Arnold caused him to let out a loud yelp.
"AGGHHHK!!!"

Last edited by criminyy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

criminyy

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:49 pm

Helga stopped in her walk when Sid ran into Arnold and the two went two went to the ground. She pulled one ear bud from her ear momentarily.

"Ya gotta be careful, Sid. Arnold's known for getting in the way of a good speed walk. It's like his trick." She would know. Though she was just being an ass and only cared enough to make the comment. The ear bud was quickly replaced.

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:51 pm

"Sid? It was you!" Arnold pushed himself to his feet then helped Sid up as well. "I didn't know you were working the late shift tonight. Are you all right?" As Arnold had gotten up from the floor, he'd picked up the gum wrapper Helga had dropped. He shot her a pointed look (that she either didn't see or ignored) and tossed it in the trash for her. He turned his attention back to Sid. "Wolfgang has the entrance door unlocked. The other ones are closed for the night."

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Wolfgang stood by the front doors, tapping his foot in irritation. Much to his surprise, the mall lights began powering down without him.

"What the hell?" He cursed. Of course the stupid mall was going to have a malfunction now, just when his end goal was in sight. Still, he had to deal with it even if dealing with it just involved writing a note about it and leaving it for his boss in the morning. With a heavy sigh, he turned to begin the trek to the Security Office - though not before pausing to lock the front doors behind him.

"Sorry, Pataki, but you're not getting out of here without cutting me a deal." He laughed as he took out his phone again.

-- Tuff luck, pataki. Lights r malfunkshening. Stay @ front doors and w8 for me. --

Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:01 am

"You would think by now they would have learned to not let the stoners work the closing shifts." Helga mumbled off hand to herself, referring to Sid and his frantics of course

The front doors were insight and Helga's back pocket buzzed. Apparently her phone still had reception though very little. The storm clouds were closing in. Her eyes darted back and forth across the screen and she grabbed her chin in thought. No way was she dealing in front of Arnold and Phoebe (she'd sold to Sid before but didn't want to deal with his begging for freebies).

Plan. Plan. Plan. Ah ha!

Helga yanked the ear buds off and stuffed them in her pocket.

"Hey Phoebes." She tapped her shoulder. "I gotta piss. Keep an eye on these goons for me, Thanks."

And with that Helga walked away very casually towards the bathrooms, texting as she went.

--I am impressed you can spell my last name correctly. Always gotta have your priorities. Meet me in the bathroom. The girl's bathroom.--

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:03 am

"Oh. Um. Ok," Arnold responded to Helga, not realizing how devious the girl was being. He was used to her bluntness, so her phrasing hadn't phased him. "Should we just wait for you here or at the front door?" He called after her.

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by criminyy on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:06 am

Sid let out a sigh of relief and quickly stood up, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Um...yeah. I worked late tonight." He lied, feeling even more embarrassed about falling asleep on a stupid massage chair. Sid threw a sideways glance at Helga and scoffed. He tucked a hand in his jacket pocket and rummaged for his keys that held a small flashlight, flicking it on. "Well, what are you all doing here so late?"

criminyy

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:08 am

Helga slowed down and turned, walking backwards to call after Arnold.

"What? You wanna wipe for me too? Go to the doors!"

She waved them off and turned back around disappearing around the dark corner that led to the bathroom halls.

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:09 am

"I'm here to get out of the house, Phoebe had work and Helga...is busy being Helga. Who we will apparently be meeting by the front doors." Arnold jerked his head in the direction they should be going. "Let's just get going before she decides to start painting even more vivid mental images."

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:11 am

Wolfgang's phone buzzed in his pocket, but he ignored it for the moment. Let Pataki sweat it out a bit. As much as she hated it, it was about time she really learned who was in charge here. Wolfgang puffed out his chest a bit as a broke out into a more confident and brisk walk. Unfortunately for him, his path led him right past the ladies' bathroom...

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:13 am

[[ooc;; Oh she could create a mural on the mall ceiling ~ youd love it -- I gotta jet but I'll be back in an hour or two. <3 I'm sorry Alyssa--- uh ...improv! ]]

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:02 am

Phoebe nodded as Helga disappeared into the restroom.  She slung her bag over her shoulder and head and crossed her arms, both to feign toughness and to hold in the warmth.  Was it getting colder or was it just her imagination?  Maybe the lights going out dropped the temperature a few degrees.  

"Maybe we should head towards the exits.  Helga can meet us there and I really would like to get home."

Last edited by hatterlet on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bag not back, dummy)

hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

View user profile http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:09 am

"You're right, Phoebe. Hope she doesn't take too long." Arnold was starting to get irate that Helga needed to use the restroom right that minute, but he chastised himself. It wasn't really fair holding certain physical needs against her, after all. A shiver of cold ran through him, bringing his thoughts once again away from Helga (though who knew for how long this time?) "Do they turn the heater off along with the lights?"

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:52 am

Helga kicked open the girl's restroom and used her cell phone as a flashlight.

"'Ey. Mozfart! Ya in here?"

The light of the cell moved from end of the bathroom wall to the other. It was kind of creepy in here in the dark. Helga shivered but then growled.

"If you're hiding in one of the stalls trying to scare me, I'm flush my whole stash before you even get a whiff!"

Helga walked up and down the bathroom stalls. No Wolfgang. Helga sighed and rolled her eyes, leaning against the far end of the wall. Great. So she was stuck waiting for his fat ass. Oh well, so was everybody else if the punk locked the doors so she might as well wait anyway.

She pulled out another cigarette and lit it with the intent to enjoy the whole one this time.

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:23 am

Wolfgang sniffed, the smell of a cigarette catching his attention. He smirked.

"Pataki, you make this too easy." He said as he slipped his key ring out of his pocket and locked the door to the women's bathroom. Once the lock clicked into place in the most satisfying of ways, he began banging on the door.

"Hey, Pataki. You want out of there anytime soon, than you're gonna wanna slide your best stuff under the door. I'm getting my high tonight free of charge." He said with a mean laugh.

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:26 am

Arnold had lead the way towards the door, shivering most of the way. He'd grabbed his coat on the way out but had ignored his mother's concerns about gloves, a warmer hat (he of course still wore his usual small blue one) and scarf. He was regretting it more and more with each step, but couldn't figure out why. Until they reached the door. The snow had been light, fluffy and just sort of drifting lazily down when he'd first left the Sunset Arms. But now? Now it was packed, and pressed against the front doors, at least up to his knees.

"Ok, well....don't suppose either one of you guys has a shovel?" he said it in as light hearted tone as he could manage. Internally, though...Arnold was starting to panic.

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:51 am

Then there was a click of the lock and before Wolfgang even had the chance to speak, Helga gasped and her eyes widened, fear crippling her legs. "No- NO!"

She dropped her cigarette on the tile floor and ran for the door but it was too late.

"WOLFGNANG!!!!!!" She banged on the door as hard as she could over and over. "LET ME OUT!!!!! ARNOLD!!"

Of course, nobody could hear her around the corner and down the hall.

"WOLFGANG! IM SERIOUS!!!!!"

Okay. Aggression wasn't going to get him to open the door. That's what he had wanted.

Helga started crying.

"W-wolfgang please!! I'm sorry!! Please!!!!" She dropped to her knees, holding onto the door with both hands.

"I'm afraid of the dark!!! I-I- ca-can't shove my best stuff under the door crack, it's too small!! It would get ruined!!!" Now she started to choke on her sobs. "God, I-I'm gonna call the cops!!!"

She turned around to sit against the door and pulled out her phone.

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down