RP - Stuck in the Mall

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RP - Stuck in the Mall

Post by hatterlet on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:30 pm

The note of panic in Arnold's voice scared Phoebe. He was so unflappable; nothing scared him. She had been rooting around in her bag for something when she rounded the corner but looked up as he spoke.

"Oh no," she said, letting her bag fall to smack herself smartly on the hip. "No no no no NO." She raced to the bank of doors, pressing her hands against them. Her breath fogged the plate glass and the cold seeped through into her already chilled form. The dancing cups of cocoa that had filled her mind for the last fifteen minutes or so were quickly replaced with bouncing ice cubes, each with a frozen Phoebe at their center.

She tugged at the door handle, not sure what she would do if she could get it open anyway. Sure enough, it was locked. She gave up and sank to the floor, arms encircling her knees.

"What do we do now?" she said, looking up at Arnold.

hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Phoebe

View user profile http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:04 pm

"A-are you crying?" Wolfgang asked as his eyes grew wide as saucers. "Cops?! Pataki you're a goddamn drug dealer."

He leaned back against the wall and groaned. What a pain. Still, she had a point about not being able to fit the goods under the fucking door. Fine, whatever. He really didn't need to deal with a menopausal Helga Pataki tonight.

"Alright, Pataki, I'm letting you out. It was a goddamn joke anyway. Don't be such a fucking puss." He huffed as he unlocked the door and yanked it open.

Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 pm

"I don't know," Arnold answered Phoebe. "First things first, though, we can't even get out of the doors even if we can get rid of the snow. Wolfgang's got the keys. Would you guys rather stay here and wait for him, or go searching for him?" The question's phrasing had included Sid as well as Phoebe, but he was more concerned with her answer. For one thing, she was the smart one, and for another...Phoebe looked pretty scared right now. But he was fairly certain trying to logic her way through their situation would actually help over come the fear.

Perhapsormaybe2

Female Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-08-27

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Phoebe took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. She couldn't reason for sure why the snow had caused such a sudden, deep-rooted panic. She exhaled, a tiny puff of steam rolling from her mouth. This wall of glass was much colder than the rest of the area, and her back was a solid icicle.

"Helga said to wait here," she said, more to herself than to Arnold. "But she didn't know about the snow. We need Wolfgang to let us out, but we couldn't go anywhere even if we could..." she turned, rolling onto her knees to look out the windows again. The snow was still piling up, and the air outside seemed orange, the lights from the parking lot illuminating the semi-blizzard. "We should probably go find them. Maybe there is a snowplow? Wolfgang might know."

hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:32 pm

"That's true," Arnold rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Or some other thing we could use to dig ourselves out or...something." Arnold shivered again. "Do either one of you have keys to the stores you work at? Maybe we could get supplies out of there as well." He turned and started walking the way they'd come from. "You're right, though, we should probably just go get them. Besides, it feels like they've been gone longer than necessary." Helga, after all, was not like the stereotypical girl. When she said she was going to the bathroom, she emerged almost immediately afterward and didn't stick around to chit chat or fix her hair. And he was certain there hadn't been a line...

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Menopausal? No. A puss? Nope.

Having a talent for theatrical dramatics? Yes.

Well what Wolfgang was greeted with when the door opened was a bitter sweet reunion with ol' Besty whom had acquired a collection of rings on each of her four fingers in the last few years. Two of which may have been brass for such special occasions as this one.

Helga's fist was fast and had Wolfgang been any shorter, she would have easily broken his nose. Landing the punch quickly however was more important than aim, so her fisted brass (and surgical steel butterflies from Kohl's) knuckles collided with full force into the corner of Woflgang's mouth.

Once he recovered, Helga was in his face, nose to nose as she could be and staring daggers up into his eyes.
Helga didn't even say anything. She had made her point.

agshepherd

Female Number of posts : 221
Favorite character : Pooter
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character Character: Helga

View user profile http://soapboxshouts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:12 am

"Y-you hit like a girl," was all Wolfgang could throw back and even that came out sounding more desperate than he wished. Fucking. Helga. Pataki.

"Forget it." He said as he righted himself. "Go wait by the fucking doors."

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:40 am

"Yeah, well if I hit like HELGA G. PATAKI I'll take that as a compliment."

Helga cracked her knuckles and shook her head.

"I'm not going anywhere.", though she pushed passed him and stepped out of the bathroom less he try to lock the door again. He would do that.

"...and I'm starting to wonder if your chump change is really worth my time." She crossed her arms over her chest.

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:55 am

Arnold was walking faster than he meant to. He knew Sid and Phoebe were having a hard time keeping up, but he felt that the sooner he reached Wolfgang and Helga, the sooner they would all get out of here. They'd all need to work together to get out of this mess, and Helga had actually had some cell phone reception earlier, so maybe they'd be lucky enough she could make a phone call or text to someone who could help? It was a slim hope, but one he held onto even as they reached the bathrooms.

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:08 pm

Wolfgang could hear footsteps echoing in the distance and slowly bringing themselves closer to where he and Helga stood glaring at one another. He slapped a hand to his forehead and growled low in his throat.

"Please tell me that's not the Footballface about to round the corner, Pataki."

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:32 pm

The things you want least tend to be the things that come easiest. So, of course it was Arnold rounding the corner, now several feet ahead of the other two, who were scrambling to keep up. He saw the marks on Wolfgang's face and paused to look back and forth between the pair, trying to figure out if he wanted to get involved.

No, he didn't want to.

But, he was still Arnold Shortman, which pretty much equated that he was going to try to help anyway.

"What happened? Wolfgang, are you ok?" He glanced over to Helga, a sudden concern over coming him. She didn't retaliate physically immediately these days. There was probably some reason for it, but Arnold was worried about just how slimy it may have been. "Or did he do something?"

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:22 am

Phoebe was fumbling to keep up with Arnold. Her toes felt like ice. Arnold rounded the corner ahead of her. He was running, which made her barely-in-check panic surge again. She took herself firmly in hand. Stop it, Phoebe she demanded, throttling down the urge to start shivering uncontrollably. As she caught up with Arnold, who had stopped dead in his tracks, though, that panic again tried to surface. Helga stood with arms crossed, a murderous look in her eye, as Wolfgang nursed a bruised cheek that seemed to be spreading rapidly.

"Oh, Helga, you didn't!" she said. She'd known about Helga's money-making schemes for quite some time, and usually the only time she got out Old Betsy for a "friend" was when a deal had gone awry. She came to a halt near her friend.

hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:49 am

"No, that's Phoebe."  Phoebe's footsteps were the first that echoed to her ears, but no sooner had she said that, had she recognized Arnold's.

"...and Arnold. Dammit."

Helga immediatly crossed her arms and scoffed at Arnold. "Wolfgang, are you okay!?....WOLFGANG, are you okay!??!"

She stomped past Wolfgang and was now pretty close to Arnold's face, pointing at him as her aggression peaked.

"WOLFGANG are you OKAY!??!?!"

Helga snorted through her nose like a bull and shook her fist at Arnold, gritting her teeth.

"I outta pound you next!"  

She took her eyes away from Arnold...and they softened when Phoebe's worried accusation fell on her ears.

"It wasn't my fault!"  She tried and then stopped and tried again. "I mean, he deserved it! He locked me in the bathroom, Phoebs! He wasn't going to let me out! He'd probably have left me rot all night if he had the chance!"

All of this a very valid excuse to slug someone in the face.

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 am

"Oh, come off it, Pataki. If I was gonna leave you to rot, what the hell are you doing obviously NOT locked in that bathroom now? It was a stupid joke. Then you go and cry about it. You are - by far - the worst drug dealer I've ever had the non-pleasure of dealing with."

He whirled on the others.

"And what the hell are the rest of you idiots still doing here? The mall is fucking closed and I don't have time for this shit. And why is it so goddamn cold in here?" He growled with sudden ferocity as he wrapped his arms around himself. "Just... just get out of my sight!"

And with that Wolfgang spun on his heel and began stomping down the hall towards the security office.

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Arnold was a bit torn on whether or not to warn Wolfgang of the storm. Of course, he'd need the other boy's help to get out, but right now he was pissed.

No, Arnold didn't think Helga should have punched Wolfgang. He had no delusions that either one was really in the right in that particular situation.

The thing Wolfgang had done wrong was to mention, out loud in explicit terms, exactly what Helga did. Calling Helga a drug dealer was a one way ticket to Arnold's bad side. For one thing, it seemed to be reducing her to something so much smaller than she was. For another, at least the more clever terms for what she did were slightly less likely to get her busted.

Arnold continued to glare at Wolfgang, and even though he was in the exact same predicament, he actually took a small bit of enjoyment from telling Wolfgang just what was going on. "We're snowed in. All of us. Snow's up to mid thigh and I'm not sure how we're going to get out." Arnold actually smiled a bit when he saw Wolfgang's reaction.

I may be spending too much time around Helga... Arnold thought when he realized his happiness was directly tied to Wolfgang looking miserable.

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:23 pm

"I am not a drug dealer. I am a recreational hallucinogenic spokesperson!" Helga crossed her arms and leaned against the wall. Drug dealer sounded so....so.....trashy. So crooked. Then again she was kind of crooked she supposed.

Her scowl left and now she just seemed to close up on herself and made no further comment on Arnold's observation of being snowed in, though she did close her eyes and slide her butt down the wall and to the ground, hugging her knees to her chest and glaring over the tops of them.

Snowed in. Fantastic. After a moment she pulled her phone from her pocket.

"Well since nobody around here smart enough for call for help, I'll---" and the beep beep beep of absolutely no signal.

"Hey! What gives!!! I was just texting Wolfgang! Grrrr! Stupid phone!"

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 pm

Wolfgang let out a short, cruel laugh at Helga's words in an attempt to mask how absolutely devastated he was at Arnold's announcement. Snowed in with these idiots? What else could possibly go wrong?

"Call it what you want, Pataki. You still peddle illegal drugs to a bunch of hopeless burnouts and shit heads. You're just a cog in a dirty, greasy machine. Give it whatever fancy name you want to make you feel better about it, but you're still just as fucked up as I am. Only difference is that I can admit that I'm a fucking asshole." Wolfgang sneered. With that he pulled out his cell, but - just as he thought - the signal was gone.

"Storm must be fucking with cell reception. If it's as bad as you say it is out there I doubt it'd make much of a difference anyway." He put a hand to his forehead. "If it's getting this cold in here and the lights keep flickering like this it's likely that we're about to lose power soon. I'll try and see if I can get the schematics to the backup generator and get that running at all. Meanwhile, the best chance of catching ANY cell reception is by the exits."

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:16 am

Arnold crouched down, balancing on the balls of his feet in front of Helga. "We're going to be ok." He glanced over at Wolfgang. "And for the record, you're much more than a cog in any kind of machine, dirty or not. But right now, we gotta focus on getting out of here. Wolfgang, I don't suppose there are shovels or anything where we could get to them?"

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:42 pm

Somehow, Arnold crouched in front of her didn't really help. Ohhh did she have many choice words to rebuttal to Wolfgang, particularly regarding the definition if 'illegal' from one's perspective to another as well as the word 'cog' (if that was the best analogy he could come up with, she'd level) but Helga was becoming exhausted of this exchange between her and the brute in front of her friends...so she took the out when she had it and when the subject of cell reception was brought up, she simply rolled her eyes and kept her mouth shut.

Well, for as long as it was possible for Helga Pataki to keep her mouth shut- which amounted to a whopping 12 seconds.

"...You guys run around like chickens with your heads sliced off if you want." She waved a dismissing hand at Wolfgang, keeping her position on the floor. In fact she reclined a little, resting her arms behind her head.

"But if we're going to be stuck here, as we already are, I am not too keen on the idea of opening any door and freezing my ass off trying in vain to get my car out of the parking lot, let alone on the road. Pfft. You goons can't battle mother nature and since Employee of the Month over here-" She thumbed toward Woflgang. "-wasn't competent enough to close the mall safely on time, I say we just relax and wait it out until tomorrow or whenever when some supervisor shows up."  Helga couldn't help but grin at the thought of ratting Wolfgang out.

So, in her mind, the conflict wasn't how they were going to get out...it was how they were going to stay in together. This would be a long night, but potentially worth it.

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Arnold started to disagree with Helga, but closed his mouth before the argument could even reach his lips. She was, after all, right. Even if by some miracle they made it to Helga's car, the roads were not safe to drive. Instead, he sighed and slid down the wall until he was seated by her. "At least for now, you're right. Though the big question is whether or not it'll clear up enough by morning for someone to pull us out."

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:51 pm

The thought of avoiding the snow, of not having to go out in the drifts calmed Phoebe. Yes, she was stuck in the mall. Yes, her parents would panic. Yes, she had a ton of homework and scholarship applications to look over. But she wouldn't have to drive through this mess. She could wait until the plows showed up and left her a nice neat path to traverse home. Somehow, all of this combined felt as if she had stepped into a steaming bath. Every muscle relaxed and she flopped down next to Helga.

"So we're stuck here all night?" she asked, tucking her hands up inside her sleeves. She frowned as a thought occurred to her.

"There are several couches in the bookstore we could probably sleep on. I have the keys still. And if we don't lose power, or the generator works, I could certainly get the coffee machine in the cafe operational. I'm sure we could all use something warm."

She glanced around hopefully.

"Maybe I should go help Wolfgang?"

hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Wolfgang leered over the group.

"Yes, how about we help Wolfgang figure out the #@$*ing generator before we all freeze to death instead of falling into useless piles of flesh on the floor?" What was with these guys? His blood was boiling. He could faintly hear Maria's fantastic booty calling his name. Was it really so hopeless? He sighed - finally resigning himself to fate's clutches. "Shit. And, Pataki, I don't get to make the final call on mall closures. Unfortunately. Because if I did, we wouldn't have even bothered opening today. Coulda spent all that sweet time getting ready and pre-gaming for the party. Sucks, man. Just sucks."

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:37 am

Helga snickered when Arnold agreed with her. Her logic was, as always, flawless.

"For now? Oh, Shortman. I'm always right." Helga licked her index finger and promptly poked Arnold's nose with it. Yes, she was bold enough to flirt with him when her ego was stroked the right way.

Her blue-green eyes brightened when Phoebe spoke up about the book store.

"Wait, seriously?! Phoebe! That's FANTASTIC!" Helga stood up and was at her best friend's side in two steps.

"I always knew that dead end job would pay off one of these days....er, no offence." She wrapped her arm around Phoebe's shoulders and pulled her into a sidelong hug.

"Coffee sounds so fantastic right now...anything to escape the nagging voices inside my head." Helga lifted her pinky finger to stick it in her ear that was closest to Wolfgang, cleaning it out and then flicking the wax in his direction.

[[ooc;; I am sooooo sorry you guys!! I was out of town this weekend and Im busy moving and such- but I dont want this to die, I think we're all awesome!! Uhm.

PLEASE, if I get too far behind, PLEASE ANY OF YOU have permission to text my ass- I dont want to be the one who drags the RP behind. :C --seven one four two eight seven one zero nine nine-- <3 <3 ]]

agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Phoebe giggled quietly as Helga yanked her sideways. She extricated herself from her friend's embrace then began to rummage in one of her many coat pockets.

"Here, Arnold," she said, pulling out the bookstore keys with their decorative quill logo keychain and tossing them at him. "You an Helga and Sid can go ahead, I guess. I'll go see if Wolfgang can use my help." she turned to follow Wolfgang, then paused. "Please keep an eye on things, Arnold. I trust you." Awkwardly she reached over to pat his arm, then scurried after Wolfgang.

((OOC: Hello from London!))

hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Arnold accepted the keys from Phoebe, then shouted after her. "Don't let him be a jerk to you. If he tries to fight you, just leave him alone and come back to us. Sooner or later he'll realize there's nothing else for him to do tonight." He turned his attention back to Helga and Sid. Mostly Helga. "Do you know how to work the coffee machine at the book store? I think I could go for one, too." He rummaged through his pockets, coming up with a $20. "I guess we could leave this on the counter for them so they're not out any money tomorrow from what we take."

((OOC: It's cool, ag. I personally have like...zero social life. I expect everyone else to be a bit less available than I am. And it's so cool you're in London, Hatterlet!))

Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3