In the meantime...

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In the meantime...

Post by Squirreltamer on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:28 am

OOC: Since the app process means waiting a bit longer to start the RP, why don't we do a kind of silly, no assigned rules/characters/plot RP in the meantime? I'll start the story following one character and the next person can either take control of that same character or bring in another character and you can change characters at any point you want to. It'll be kind of like writing a collective story that shifts POVs a bunch of times. XD

---

Arnold Shortman threw out his arms and breathed in deeply. It was so rare for him to be out of the city and venturing into the wild. And for once, he was actually camping in something a little more stable than a flimsy tent and would have more to eat than days of beans.

"Jeez, man. Can you believe that they're letting us out of school for a week to go to this camp?" Gerald said as he came up behind Arnold. "I know that it's part of the curriculum, but it's just so bizarre."

Arnold smiled and grabbed ahold of his suitcase as he began moving with his best friend towards a large podium.

"A whole week of cabins and lakes and --"

"-- girls?" Gerald interrupted with a wag of his eyebrows. Arnold laughed.

"Yeah, that." He agreed as his face flushed red. "Anyway, we better listen up. I think they're going to start telling us where to find our cabins. I still can't believe we managed to get in a cabin together, let alone to manage to get in the same room as Harold and Eugene. This is gonna be one heck of a week, huh?"

Gerald just nodded in response, his gaze already drifting to a small japanese girl standing a little ways ahead of them.

"Yeah." He agreed. "Some week indeed."

(KEEP IT GOING!)

Last edited by Squirreltamer on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Harold

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: In the meantime...

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:48 am

Helga G Pataki slidered out of the group and hid behind the yellow bus.She took out her golden locket with a boy with an odly ahaped head.

"Oh Arnold" she started "I hope this week you shall realize my love for you. I wish to speak all my thought and let them settle in your mind wide open. To let my love be shown but not kept to myself. To finally alone in the woods, is where I shall let you know of my thought of you" (I hate this!!)

She placed her locket back into her dress and quickly rejoined the group.

(Okay I got a Brainfart so someone take it on from here, this accually sounds like an interesting episode idea about the calss going to camp)

peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:58 am

((I was thinking they'd be somewhat older, just because RPing 9 year olds freaks me out. 15ish maybe? Hence why Arnold/Gerald are kind of actively interested in girls.))

"Okay campers gather round!"

Rhonda sighed wearily and re-crossed her legs. She was perched elegantly atop the hood of the school bus they had arrived in, having been lifted up by Harold Berman who was now hovering awkwardly by her side.

"I cannot believe that we're stuck here in this dirt infested hole in the mud... campground for a whole miserable week! God, what if I run out of lipstick?! Or worse - " She threw a dramatic hand over her eyes. "What if I break a nail?! AUGH!"

"What are you talking about?" Harold said enthusiastically. "This is gonna be awesome! A whole week of goofing off and doing nothing but playing cards, eating in the mess hall and doing stupid activities instead of homework!"

"Plus," Nadine said as she joined her friends. Her hands were wrapped tightly around a small glass jar already full of what looked like a rather large centipede. Rhonda recoiled a little, but managed to retain most of her dignity. "Just think of all the species of bugs living out here!"

"Yes, Nadine." Rhonda said with a roll of her eyes. "That makes me feel so much better."

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:14 am

(In your first post, are the kids at camp or just before their gonna get on the bus to leave?)

peachcake21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:19 am

((They're already at the camp. The bus just hasn't left yet. There's a guy in front of a large group of kids about to direct them all towards their cabins.))

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:56 am

(OMG! Yes! I am so in! Okay, my turn now! xD)

Phoebe came up to the group, joining up with Helga as she sat beside her. "Konnichiwa, Helga!"

"Pheebs, no Japanese today, camp's starting." Helga responded dismissively.

"Okay, English!" Phoebe smiled, giving a thumbs up. "Are you excited for this? I think it'll be very fun to camp out here with everyone and participate in the fun activities, don't you?"

"Eh, I guess it couldn't be worse than boot camp or something." Helga shrugged. She cast a ghost of a glance toward Arnold before looking toward the counselor. "So, you finally going to make a move on Tall-Hair boy before his attention is caught by the other girls?"

Blushing, Phoebe looked uncertain. "I-I suppose...but I guess I'm a little nervous considering I don't know how he feels about me."

Helga snorted and rolled her eyes. "Pheebs, you need to get better glasses if you actually think he doesn't like you."

"Well, I-"

"Okay, campers! Pay attention now, because from here on in it's going to be between you and nature itself!"

"Kinda like when we were camping with your grandpa in fourth grade." Gerald whispered to Arnold.

NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:07 am

The couselor looked happily yet dimly at the group.

"Now kids if you see a black bear just stand your grounnd and seem big"
(crickets)
"NOw if you see a grizzly bear....Your dead. "

All of the Hillwood High (I love saying it!) students stared anxiously and him. No one moved they just stared and blinked.

The counselor claped his hands and said "Any questions?"

peachcake21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:12 am

Harold raised his hand. "Can we eat now?"

"That's just like you, pink boy." Helga said, rolling her eyes. "Food! All you ever think about is food."

"Hey, come on! How can I help it that food's so good? Besides, all a car ever thinks about is gas!" Harold crossed his arms childishly, and muttered something that sounded like "Madam Fortress Mommy" under his breath.

"Right. Any OTHER questions?" The counselor looked among the campers. "Well anyway, I'm Dan. Head Counselor, we should get along just fine."

Eugene raised his hand then. "Where are the bathrooms?"

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:16 am

"There, there, there, and there" said the counselor as he pointed at two trees, a small biulding, and a porta-potty.

(lol that's it)

peachcake21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:35 am

"All right," Dan went on, looking at his clip board. "Girls, cabin assignments are...."

Arnold suddenly felt as if he was being watched, and looked to his left, having just caught Helga, who was sitting some feet away next to Phoebe, suddenly looking away. He was puzzled, but shrugged and decided not to dwell on it.

"In Cabin Three: Phoebe Heyerdahl, Helga Pataki, Rhonda Wellington Lloyd, and Lila Sawyer."

"Oh great. A cabin with Miss Perfect." Helga muttered dryly. "And Rhondaloid on top of that."

"It shouldn't be so bad, Helga. It'll give us a chance to get to know each other and interact." Phoebe said brightly.

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:38 am

"Oh yeah like I anyone could last in cabin with the fashion-freak and Ms.Too-good-to-be-true" complained Helga.

peachcake21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 am

"Now for you boys. Cabin 7: Gerald Johansen, Harold Berman, Arnold...oh damn, the ink got smudged, and Eugene Horowitz."

"Sounds fine to me." Gerald said coolly. "Least we don't get stuck with the freak!"

"You mean Curly?" Arnold questioned.

"No man, the Devil and Daniel Webster. Of course Curly!" Gerald indicated to the said boy, who was scheming something... "Oh well, I'd rather get stuck in a tent with him than in a cabin with Helga G. Pataki!"

"She's not that bad." Arnold retorted.

"And there you go again, I bring up her name and you go and defend her. Seriously man, you got problems."

"I don't! It's just..." Arnold's voice trailed off. "Never mind."

"Will do, man. Will do."

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:59 am

((Love this idea. I am so joining in.))

Helga Pataki sat off to the side of the group, her arms folded over her chest, and her expression thoughtful, cunning, and even a bit bored.

Phoebe sat beside her best friend, a hand resting on her chin thoughtfully as she looked towards their counsellor, who was currently showing the boys off to their cabin. "Do you suppose the cabins will be sterilized, Helga? My dad would be rather upset if I came home ill..... Helga?" She looked up at her much taller friend, confused by her lack of a response.

Helga sat there, a dreamy look had crept upon her face as Phoebe had been talking.

Confused, Phoebe followed her gaze to see what she was looking at, and her eyes came to rest on a football headed, blonde haired boy, who was following behind their counselor, and walking next to Gerald.

Phoebe couldn't help but giggle a bit. As her best friend, Phoebe had always seen the signs of Helga possibly having a sort of affection for Arnold. There were times when she wondered how her other classmates could possibly miss it. It seemed so obvious most of the time.

"Checking out the ice cream are we, Helga?" She giggled.

Helga eyes flew wide and her head snapped to Phoebe. "Uh..." She shook her head, facing forward once again, a smirk now on her face. "Checking out the ice cream are we, Helga?" She mocked in a funny sounding voice, then scoffed. "Get real, Pheebs. Like there's any chance anyone would ever even think of taking a second glance at Arnold... Even with his... tight green t-shirt clinging to his torso... that matches his deep green eyes... and his broad, muscular shoulders... that wild, blonde hair I'd just love to run my fingers through..." She let out a lovesick sigh.

Phoebe only giggled more at Arnold's unknown seduction of her poor friend.

Helga heard her friend's giggle, effectively snapping her out of her trance. She coughed, feigning innocence and looking Phoebe. "What?" She questioned, shrugging lightly.

Phoebe shook her head. "Oh nothing. Nothing at all." She turned away from her, smiling knowingly.

Helga frowned. How dare she be able to figure her out so well?!

Helga looked forward again, and a smirk suddenly presented itself to her face. "Oh, hey Geraldo."

Phoebe jumped up a bit at her words and instantly faced forward again, only to see the young, tall haired boy still walking next to Arnold, now walking inside of their cabin in the distance.

It was when she heard the laughter of her blonde haired companion begin that she realized it was all a trick. She crossed her arms over her petite chest and frowned down at Helga, who was now on her back, laying on the ground laughing hysterically.

Helga laughed even harder upon seeing Phoebe's look of displeasure. It was too funny. "How... do you... like it, huh?" She choked out through her laughs.

Phoebe sighed, a small smile back on her lips, and looking back towards their counsellor who was now walking out of the boys cabin, probably about to show the girls their own now. "So about the cabins being sterilized..."

Last edited by Weird1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had to make it WORK!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!)

Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:01 am

((She should fit now Big Grin ))

Last edited by Weird1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I FELT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!)

Weird1

Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:07 am

They all walked into a wooden cabin. It had one room with 3 bunkbeds and 1 bathroom. (it just had to be one XD)

peachcake21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:14 am

(Singr!!! Noooo!!! You leave that there! ...Just edit it a bit, and it will be perfect. 8D OwO I just gasmed at Helga oggling Arnold... xD Please, please, for the sake of our sanity, LEAVE IT THERE! ...Just change it a bit to fit. 8D)

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:30 am

((All is well with the world now. Big Grin Please continue with the awesomeness.))

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:44 am

(YAY! You rock, Singr! <3)

Inside the boy's cabin...

"Yeah! All right, here we are!" Harold exclaimed. "I call the top bunk!"

"Um, Harold, maybe you should take the bottom bunk instead." Arnold reasoned, trying not to sound insensitive.

"But why? I want to be on top!" Harold protested.

"Because...." Arnold wasn't sure how to say it without just blatantly telling him that it was because of his size.

"If you fall, you won't have far to go!" Gerald cut in. "Arnold's just lookin' out for you, man."

"Ohhh, that makes sense." Harold said. "Okay, I'll take the bottom! And NO ONE touch my beef jerky!"

"We won't." Arnold promised.

"Wow guys, this is such a nice cabin!" Eugene exclaimed as he was coming in through the door. And promptly tripped and fell down. "I'm okay!"

"Mmmmm mmmmm mmmm." Gerald nodded, going over to one of the bunk beds. "Not bad, not bad at all. Hey Arnold, call me crazy, but I think I saw Phoebe makin' them eyes at me!"

Arnold smiled. "I wouldn't be surprised. She seems to like you."

"A man can only wish..." Gerald sighed. "Oh well! Least we got options."

"Who needs girls?" Harold said from his bunk, already now reading a comic book and eating some beef jerky. "We can have fun without them!"

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:56 am

Gerald smirked. "Really? Even without Rhonda?"

Harold's head snapped back up suddenly. "Uh..."

The other boys in the cabin snickered, causing Harold to jump up suddenly, waving his fist at them all.

"Shut up! Shut up... or... or I'll pound ya!"

Arnold frowned. "Come on, everyone. We're all here for the same reason. Let's all just get along and try to have fun." Arnold reasoned, smiling at them all hopefully.

Harold plopped back down on his bed, crossing his arms and muttering obscurities under his breath.

Gerald smiled also. "My man, Arnold here is right. We're all here to have fun... and like it or not, Harold; I plan on getting in on a little babe action." He spoke smoothly.

Arnold smiled at his friend, and then laughed lightly at Gerald's comment on the girls. "Yeah. Let's all just try and get along, okay... Harold?"

Harold sighed. "Whatever you say, mom."

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:07 am

Gerald snickered at that. "Heh heh, mom... Is there something you're not telling me, Arnold?"

Arnold cast an annoyed glare at his best friend. "No, Gerald. There is not."

"Whatever you say, Arnold." Gerald shrugged. "Speakin' of which...what about you? Do any of the ladies catch your eye?"

"Any girl would be lucky!" Eugene said from the bunk above Harold's. "I wonder if maybe-" He fell off the top bunk. The bunks weren't TOO high, but it still did hurt. "I'm okay!"

Helping the boy up, Arnold blushed a little at Gerald's question. "Well, not exactly..."

Gerald raised a brow. "Are you sure about that?"

"Oooohh!! Arnold's got a crush!!!" Harold hooted. "Who's the oh-so lucky lady? Oh wait, don't tell me! It's...um...okay, I have no idea."

"It doesn't matter. Come on, let's just unpack." Said Arnold, trying to change the subject.

(...Harold likes Rhonda! X3 Yay!)

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 am

Gerald sighed, deciding he'd question Arnold on the subject later.

Girl's Side

"Alright, ladies, I'm gonna have Fran here, show you off to your cabins now." He waved bye to them all as he ran off to take care of some boys who were trying to tp a tree nearby.

Fran smiled down at them all. "Okay, girls, stand up. Up, up up!"

There were a few grunts heard from some of them, but they all complied none the less.

"Okay, follow me and I'll show you off to your cabins." She turned around and began walking in the direction of the girls' cabins.

Rhonda frowned in displeasure of it all as she followed after their counselor.

Nadine appeared at her side suddenly, and held up her insect infested jar to Rhonda's face. "Look at them, Rhonda. I caught a few more while we were waiting to go to our cabin. Aren't they fasinating?" She asked, shoving the jar closer to Rhonda's face.

Rhonda recoiled, jumping back. "EWWW! Nadine, you know how I feel about... b-b-bugs." She shook her head.

"Criminy! It's a repeat of our field trip to the zoo!" Helga's voice sounded behind them.

Rhonda huffed. "Hey! It's not my fault Curly decided to it was the perfect chance to 'free the animals.'" She held her head up high, making a big 'humph' noise before quickening her pace a bit, as to get away from Helga.

Helga rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Princess. All I know is you were running away pretty fast from that wittle wizard!" She called after her.

She heard Rhonda scoff. "That was a huge lizard and you know it, Helga!"

Helga snickered a bit, Phoebe joining in. "Whatever you say, Princess." She said simply, not even bothering to call after her.

Nadine shook her head, staring at the little creatures inside of her jar with interest. "I just don't understand how anyone could possibly have anything against these little guys." She spoke, more to herself than anyone, and began walking a bit faster to try and catch up with her rather fashionable friend.

((Yeah, Harold likes Rhonda. I thought I'd add that for SquirrelTamer, since this was her idea))

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:46 am

(Agreed! That's why I did it too. :3 >w< And plus, we like it anyway, so it's pretty much no problem.)

Fran led the girls to their cabin, which of course was similar to the boy's cabin, with two sets of bunk beds. "Here you go, girls! Settle and unpack, and meet us up right outside!"

"Oh joy." Helga stepped into the cabin, with Phoebe following her. "Okay Pheebs, top or bottom?"

"Hmmm...I'll take the bottom bunk." Phoebe said, placing her duffel bag on one of the bottom bunks.

"Top for me then." Helga said smugly.

"I'm oh too certain I'll take the other top bunk!" Said Lila as she came in also, grinning brightly. "Where's Rhonda?"

"Little Princess ran off, doi." Helga responded with a roll of her eyes.

"Hey, I'm right here!" Rhonda announced, now coming inside. She inspected the cabin, not at all impressed, before placing her numerous bags next to the bottom bunk below the one Lila had chosen. "This cabin is absolutely filthy, and I'll bet very outdated! Oh, who manages this place? Jack The Ripper?"

Helga palmed her face, shaking her head. Great. Stuck in a cabin with the Princess of Fashion and Miss Perfect. This was NOT going well. At least she had her best friend by her side, and on another note, she could at least oggle Arnold some more from afar...

Yeah, she liked the sound of that.

"At least some of the boys who came here aren't too bad." Rhonda said coolly, looking at herself in a pocket mirror. "Perhaps they'll make up for some things."

"Oh, I'm ever so sure we don't need just boys to have fun!" Lila chirped. "There's so much we can do."

"Keep away from Arnold and you can have any guy you want." Helga muttered under her breath loud enough for only Phoebe to hear.

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Phoebe smiled at Helga, and patted her on the shoulder in comfort.

Rhonda began spreading out her new, silk sheets out on her mattress, as Lila began stretching out her own lovely green ones out upon her own.

Helga snickered at their attempts, as the sheets kept popping off. She grabbed her pink sleeping bag out of her backpack and threw it up upon her own bed, then smoothed it out. Then she grabbed her pillow from the floor and threw it up with her bed lazily.

"All done!" She stated smugly, placing her hands on her hips and taking a quick glance at the rest of the girls to see their reactions.

Phoebe had was just taking out her own perfectly folded blue sheets from her bag, but turned at the sudden exclamation in surprise.

Rhonda looked over to see Helga had just slung a sleeping bag up on the mattress. "How in the world are you going to sleep on that?"

Helga shrugged, taking out her little pink book to begin her new poem entitled, "My love at a Glance", answering listlessly. "Well, I start off by getting on the bed, and closing my eyes. Then I try and clear my head of any thoughts, and soon enough, I fall asleep." She rolled her eyes as she opened up her book and started writing.

Rhonda shook her head, finally being able to keep the sheets on her bed, but only because she was laying sprawled out across it, holding down each side. "That thing has got to be infested with mites, and dust, and... ew."

Lila agreed, as she placed her pillow neatly on her bed, then began laying out her soft, fuzzy green blanket. "I'm just ever so sure she's right, Helga. It must have some bugs in it. It looks awfully old and dusty."

Nadine suddenly popped her head out from underneath Rhonda's bed, and smiled around at them. "Did someone say 'bugs'?"

Rhonda jumped up in shock at seeing Nadine pop out of no where, effectively allowing the sheets to pop back to a big crumpled mess beneath her. She growled, attempting at it once again. "No bugs, Nadine. And what are you doing down there?"

Nadine crawled all the way out. "I'm sorry to intrude, but my cabin is just so... clean. I had to come over here to see if I could find any specimens."

Phoebe piped up suddenly, "I believe our cabin is quite bare, Nadine. It seems to be very clean." She said, as she inconspicously sprayed a little bug spray behind her bed.

Nadine frowned, having her hopes dashed to bits. "Okay, I guess I'll just head on outside."

"Wait a minute, Nadine." Rhonda began, sitting on her newly sheet covered bed. "How did you manage to get your bed made quickly enough to have time snooping around over here?"

Nadine smiled widely. "I just brought a sleeping bag. They're just filled with parasites!" She squealed happily and walked out the door of their cabin.

Rhonda laughed. "HA! I told you your sleeping bag was bug infested." She laughed some more, bouncing slightly, when suddenly her sheets flew back up and into a big crumpled mess, with her in the middle of it.

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:41 pm

((Hee! This is awesome you guys. Glad you're having fun with it! Big Grin))

"From the looks of it we've still got another half hour before we're supposed to meet back at the mess hall for dinner." Gerald said, glancing at his watch. The boys (save Eugene) had completely foregone sheets, saving them a lot time they would have otherwise spent setting things up.

"Let's go for a walk around camp," Arnold suggested, holding the screen door open for his best friend. "I really wanna get a glimpse of that lake."

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:44 pm

((For reference:

Cabin A - Arnold, Gerald, Harold, Eugene
Cabin B - Curly, Sid, Stinky, ???
Cabin C - Helga, Phoebe, Rhonda, Lila
Cabin D - Nadine, Sheena, Katinka??, ???

Also, we should maybe name the cabins?))

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down