Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:42 am

So in "The Patakis", we all know that Arnold moved away and that Helga still loved Arnold and wrote letters to him, but never sent them.

It seems that everyone assumed he moved to San Lorenzo to live with his parents, but do you any of you think it's possible that he might've moved someplace else? In an interview, Craig Bartlett said he never decided on where Arnold moved to - maybe it was San Lorenzo, but he didn't say so because he didn't want to give anything away, but do you think there's ever the possibility that Arnold moved someplace different?

Someone asked Craig Bartlett if the boarders had moved away, and he skipped over the question; on the website where I found the interview, someone brought up the possibility of Arnold moving to Casa Paradiso with his grandparents, but that doesn't seem plausible to me. Do you think there's the possibility that Arnold never found his parents in "The Jungle Movie"?

Thoughts?

Confirmed notes about "The Patakis" can be found here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Post by Annemiek on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm positive he found his parents, but he didn't have to move to San Lorenzo to live with them.. he could have moved to a big city to go to highschool maybe?? Or maybe his mom and dad want to work for a big compagny with a huge lab to study diseases and find cures and stuff, but they have to move to another part of America.. I'm sure Arnold would move with them..

Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

View user profile http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Here's something that always bothered me. For some odd reason, a lot of people on Fanfiction and just in general seem to think that in the end of "The Jungle Movie", Arnold is going to up and decide to just stay in San Lorenzo with his parents.

I always hated that, because it doesn't make sense! Like... AT ALL! First of all, they believe that after he stays there, it's going to shoot ahead a few years and then "The Pataki's" is going to begin... That's not plausible at all, because Craig B. said in one of his chats that Helga and Arnold date for some years, and they have some stormy times, before they break up for whatever reason and Arnold moves away. If they dated for some years before he moved... Well, then that just cancels out the theory that he stays after with his parents in San Lorenzo after the movie.

Also, if his parents have been trapped/stranded/whatever in San Lorenzo for so long when they had intended on going home after... like a month or so, so they could raise Arnold in a more stable environment, then why would they just stay in San Lorenzo after being stranded for so long against their will, AND raise their kid in the very place they stated wouldn't be a good place to have a family? See what I mean?

It's just been bothering me for some time that so many people seem to think that, so I had to get this out in the open.

As for "The Pataki's" specifically... all I know is that Arnold and Helga date, have stormy times, break up for reasons that Craig and the crew never got a chance to come up with, and then he moved away. Where? Not sure... I have always doubted it'd be in San Lorenzo, though, for about the same reasons I stated above. His parents don't believe it to be a good place to raise a family.

I still don't understand WHY they moved, though. What's wrong with Hillwood? It's freakin' awesome! I wish I lived there! Plus, their beloved boarding house that's been in the family for many years resides there... Why give that up? Okay, so maybe they'll still keep the boarding house... But then where do they get the money to move if they don't sell? I could actually see Grandpa and Arnold having a conversation kinda like this...

Arnold: Moving? But... What about the boarding house?

Grandpa: (Waves it off) Ya mean this old piece of scrap? I'll be glad to get rid of it. It's old and dusty and really creepy at night... Kinda like you, Pookie.

Pookie: (Holds up suitcases) Thanks there, General! Now let's get packing so we can head off to the war! (Runs out the door)

As for the reasons for Arnold and Helga's inevitable break up... He stated that they never got around to figuring out why they broke up. So... it could have been anything. I like to think that they broke up because long distance relationships tank and Arnold didn't want to hold her down... but it also could have been because they were too young. Too young to handle such an intense relationship at such a tender age, thus the reason for their stormy times. They are perfect for eachother, no doubt about it... but I think they're still weird about the whole thing. They're really different and still trying to figure out how to make it work. And we know Helga still loves Arnold in the series... but we have no clue how the heck Arnold feels. But he has to still love her, right? Because Craig B. stated that they were "meant for eachother".

Great... now once again, where do they move to? Um... I'm still unsure of that. Craig never said. But as I said before, I doubt it's to San Lorenzo. Craig said that in one of the episodes he was planning, Helga goes off to look for Arnold. So... maybe she doesn't know either? No, she must. Otherwise, how is she going to know what address to send the her letters to... that she doesn't send.

Well... I don't know. This is all I've got. OH! And I have no doubt Arnold does indeed find his parents in the second movie.

But whatever happens in "The Pataki's'", at least we know for sure that Arnold and Helga will get back together in the end... and live happily ever after. Love

*Involuntary gag*

That ending was a little too mushy for me... *Sticks tongue out*

Last edited by Weird1 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I felt like it...)

Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Singr....

I totally agree with everything you just said. That makes perfect sense! I really don't see Arnold staying in San Lorenzo with his parents, hell, it's true, why would Miles and Stella just up and decide to stay after being trapped against their will? Not that they wouldn't come back in the future for a visit and all, of course, but yeah.

And yeah, where DID Arnold go to? Some say they moved to San Lorenzo, and it COULD be possible, but hey, maybe they did go somewhere else for Miles and Stella's work-related reasons. Maybe Stella got a job in a hospital in another city? Did Miles get offered a position to teach Anthropology at another University? A lot of possibilities! I think maybe, in a way, that's a little more plausible than going to live in San Lorenzo, now that I think about it. Like I said, I can definitely see them making trips down there and seeing the Green-Eyed people and giving them some things they need and even building better resources.

As for Arnold and Helga's break up...yeah, it does pain me to say that, but I have to agree with what you said. I think they did need the time apart to figure things out about themselves and their relationship. (Given how I wrote my little one-shot fanfic on a possible final episode of The Patakis") They need to patch things up with themselves before they patch them up together. There's no question they'll end up together in the long run after all this. Craig said it himself, they're meant for each other! >w< I think that says it all. <3 I'm cool either way with how people portray their relationship, just so as long as they end up together. >w< <3

MUSHY ENDINGS FTW!!!!!! ...At least, for some pairs. xD

Ahem.

So yeah, there we go. |3

NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:27 pm

One of the things is that originally Craig did say something about Arnold staying in San Lorenzo after finding his parents which is why so many people take their fic in that direction. It was only more recently that he's said that Arnold wouldn't move away until later.

And I've always been fond of them having to move back to San Lorenzo when he was a teen, but this time he refuses to be left behind, which is why he goes with them. It's cyclical and I like that.

However in Trying I wrote that Arnold moved somewhere else in the states. Though, to be fair, Trying doesn't exactly follow the actual story that Craig set up. It's a "what if Arnold didn't find his parents in San Lorenzo?" kind of fic.

Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Eh, I've done one story (..rather, still working on it) trying to figure out how Arnold and Helga might get together if the Jungle movie never happened, whereas another story deals with him staying in San Lorenzo, just because I think it can be interesting.

I don't like overly mushy things. I am a romantic, but everytime I see Arnold talking the way Helga does in a fanfic, it makes me wince. It's just so out of character. I need proper build up before I can see him finally accepting her and admitting how he feels about her.

Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:27 pm

True, I have to agree. Proper build up IS needed on Arnold's part, otherwise it kind of makes me also feel a little weird.

Although, some people take that in a different direction and make an alternative "reality" thing where things are way different. Sometimes it's done pretty good.

But yeah, point is, Arnold's acceptance of his own feelings and hers definitely need some proper build up.

Although, just for kicks, it's kind of funny to see Arnold pulling that same vein as Helga. xD It's kind of funny, like I said, just for kicks.

Last edited by NintendoGal55 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Ah! Perhapsormaybe I agree so hard. I mean, I do like shmoop, but I like having to WORK for shmoop.

Especially when it comes to Arnold/Helga. They're never going to just fall into place easy peasy. Even when they get together it's probably going to be rough sailing, because they're so different. And Arnold is never going to one day just up and start gushing about how wonderful Helga is.

Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Squirreltamer wrote:Ah! Perhapsormaybe I agree so hard. I mean, I do like shmoop, but I like having to WORK for shmoop.

Especially when it comes to Arnold/Helga. They're never going to just fall into place easy peasy. Even when they get together it's probably going to be rough sailing, because they're so different. And Arnold is never going to one day just up and start gushing about how wonderful Helga is.

Yes! That's true! I agree with that. That's a part of what draws me to them, is all the work and build up that's needed before they fall into place. Yes!!!! I never thought of it that way before. Yes! Makes perfect sense. Now I really understand why I love them so much. O_O Romantic tension that can build up and yet is needed to be worked for. Snap! I love that.

And hey, if done right, a lovesick Arnold can happen. X3 (You know what I mean, Singr.)

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Yeah, but it has to be within reason. He got pretty giddy about Lila, but he never crossed into Helga's obsession level, and I doubt he ever would.

I believe he'd want to talk to Helga about her confession scene, but not until he's had the proper amount of time to think it over and figure out exactly what he wants to say to her. I see it making him a bit more likely to fight back when she pranks him (as wonderfully explored in the April Fool's day episode), maybe starting to notice that Helga can be as big of a daydreamer as he is (have you ever had someone admit to you that they had a crush on you? When it comes out of nowhere, I noticed myself paying more attention to them. ....though sometimes I did the opposite and would run away from them every time they tried to talk to me, but Arnold's a lot more mature than I was at that point). It would take a while, I see them getting closer as friends first then eventually making the jump to girlfriend and boyfriend. Being that I can be a *bit* mushy, I like to theorize that before the Patakis, they had a very bad fight and broke up, and Arnold found out he was moving shortly after, so even though he considered making things up with Helga, he thought it'd be too cruel to her to get back together since he was leaving anyways.

Eventually he moves back and they get married. Because I just don't see a future where Helga and Arnold aren't together...(...Okay, admittedly, I am a mushy person, but I need in-character mush, or it just makes me sad).

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Wow! So many great responses, and so many wonderful points made.

It seems more plausible to me that Miles and Stella would return to Arnold with Hillwood for a while. There, they could get back on their feet a little bit, be in society for a while, have Miles reunite with his parents, and Arnold and Helga would date for a while. I think their stormy times would attribute to the fact that their relationship is a very powerful and complex one. Yes, Arnold and Helga are meant to be (OTP!!!), but I think they'd break up because they need more time to sort things through. Finding your soulmate at the age of nine is serious business, and both Arnold and Helga still have a lot of growing up to do; they ned to figure out who they are at people and what they want to do with their lives. Of course, those decisions come as they get older, but trying to make them during some tumutulous times wouldn't help the situation in the slightest.

I imagine Miles and Stella getting restless after a while, considering that they have that adventerous, travelling spirit to them, and deciding that they need to get out of Hillwood and travel around the world a bit, resuming the work they once did. In this interview, Craig states that had Arnold grown up with his parents, that they probably would've travelled around the world together. I see that being the case - Miles and Stella not necessarily going back to San Lorenzo (They love it, but they said it wasn't an ideal place to raise a family, and plus they were most likely held there against their will for years), but travelling around the world doing humanitarian work kind of stuff. Then again, that does seem kind of out of place with "The Journal", because Miles talked about watching Arnold grow and raising his family in Hillwood. It seems really inconsistent.

I don't see Arnold's grandparents moving with Arnold, Miles, and Stella; and I don't see them giving up the boardinghouse, either, espescially if it's been in the family for such a long time. But I do agree with Weird1: Why leave Hillwood? It is an awesome place. Hillwood actually reminds me of the city where I attend university - it's an old city, rich in history, everything's within walking distance - the supermarket, the park, the restuarants, salons, convenience stores, movie theatre, bowling alley, ice-cream parlor, the university, tennis courts, etc. Plus, everyone knows each other and the people there are really friendly there. I miss it so much and really want to go back! April 16, baby!!!

And now I just rambled a bunch; but these are all great points. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Hey, it's what we do as fans! 8D To take things about a series, talk about 'em and analyze some points. It's so fun to do! Especially when information is ambiguous and we have to think of it ourselves. Sure, it can be a pain when you want to see it happen "canonically", but I guess at the same time it gives us a little fun game to play!

Not to mention, this was an interesting topic to bring up. We all have different views and interpretations about it. After all, it can get touchy and tricky in some places, considering the factors at hand and all. Oh well, we work with what we have and we just base our interpretations with our own views and with the facts already there, and see what we can come out with.

Now pardon me while I go rot my brain with their romance. xD I don't suffer, I enjoy every minute of it. OwO

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:Yeah, but it has to be within reason. He got pretty giddy about Lila, but he never crossed into Helga's obsession level, and I doubt he ever would.

I believe he'd want to talk to Helga about her confession scene, but not until he's had the proper amount of time to think it over and figure out exactly what he wants to say to her. I see it making him a bit more likely to fight back when she pranks him (as wonderfully explored in the April Fool's day episode), maybe starting to notice that Helga can be as big of a daydreamer as he is (have you ever had someone admit to you that they had a crush on you? When it comes out of nowhere, I noticed myself paying more attention to them. ....though sometimes I did the opposite and would run away from them every time they tried to talk to me, but Arnold's a lot more mature than I was at that point). It would take a while, I see them getting closer as friends first then eventually making the jump to girlfriend and boyfriend. Being that I can be a *bit* mushy, I like to theorize that before the Patakis, they had a very bad fight and broke up, and Arnold found out he was moving shortly after, so even though he considered making things up with Helga, he thought it'd be too cruel to her to get back together since he was leaving anyways.

Eventually he moves back and they get married. Because I just don't see a future where Helga and Arnold aren't together...(...Okay, admittedly, I am a mushy person, but I need in-character mush, or it just makes me sad).

Those are pretty good points, too! Meow

And yeah, he wouldn't reach her obsession level if he became "lovesick", but he IS a romantique and quite charming, so of course he'll bring out a little stuff. X3 Weird1 did that pretty well, most notably in her fic "Hypnotizing Helga". 8D OwO

Anyhow, so it's interesting to put together what COULD happen between them over the course of their lives. =3 It won't be an easy road for them, but in the end, as Craig himself said, they're meant for each other. <3

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Thanks. Theories are fun. ^_^ Plus this series is ridiculously fun to write fanfiction for (....I argue with the characters. I'm not kidding, I've 'discussed' the final chapter of "Dear Arnold: Letters from Hillwood" with Helga...it devolves into arguments. She's mean to me. ....Wow, I seem really weird, huh?)

I like our theories. It's fun to mess around with.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am

XD Hey, we all have our quirks!

They are fun to mess around with. 8D It's fun to throw them out there and see what others have to say, and have some good debates and agreements. Yay Just as long as we all respect one another's opinions. No problems with that here! X3

Speaking of theories, or just silly lines....xD

"Whoa. This is all happening too fast. I feel-I feel dizzy. I need to lie down."
"Wonderful, I'll go with you!"
"No! I mean...there's no time for that!"

XD Does anyone but me see how much innuendo can occur with these two? I swear, it's too funny.

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:05 am

What worries me is I sometimes think Helga *means* for it to be taken that way. Poor innocent Arnold has no idea what he's in for...

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:24 am

I guess so, eh? I heard from someone that the writers did that on purpose. xD In that case...

"I need to lie down."
"Wonderful! I'll go with you! And then we'll sleep together!"
"Huh?!"
"Er...I mean...I'll go with you, and totally, lie down next to you...in a totally not-at-all manner of what I actually meant..."
"Wait, what?"

XD And now we are all scarred. Yay!

1000th Ghost did write a silly one-shot about that. It's called "Lying". Anyone read it? Oh my GOD. It was a ballsy move. ...No pun intended. >> xD

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:00 am

....NintendoGal, you are one of my favorite people now. That just made me laugh pretty hard. I just imagine Arnold's reaction being something like "...why would we sleep together? Can't you sleep on the floor or something...?" he's so innocent. But how many of us knew that implication at 9?

Quick question on that story - are they aged up? It weirds me out to read anything for cartoon characters that's overly sexual, especially if they haven't been upped to at *least* teenagers.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 am

xD I knew about sex when I was nine, but I was completely unaware of everything else about it. I didn't know it was for pleasure and that it had all those slang references and innuendo and stuff, I thought of it like any animal would, that it was for producing children. XD It's possible, one out of 9 kids know about sex at nine.

But yeah, let's just play around here and you can think of them however you like for now. XD Although when they're teens, I think Arnold, innocent as he is, would be a little more aware of it than he would at nine.

And thank you! >w< I'm glad to have afflicted a little laughter upon you. C:

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:49 am

Perhapsormaybe wrote:

have you ever had someone admit to you that they had a crush on you? When it comes out of nowhere, I noticed myself paying more attention to them. ....though sometimes I did the opposite and would run away from them every time they tried to talk to me, but Arnold's a lot more mature than I was at that point

*Coughs awkwardly* Heh, heh... for the sake of conversation here, I used to have some kid who was practically in love with me... for about three years. I was friends with him, and we played together a lot (Play fighting, action figures, etc.), then one day he started liking me, I guess. His friend sold him out to me. He always denied it... but I could tell he really did like me like that. It freaked me out most times, but I figured if he didn't want to admit it to me, then I'd just pretend there's nothing there. But... he never did, so it never got dealt with (Thank you, God), and now that we're in middle school, the "Clicks" have taken affect and we don't ever talk anymore... at all. I guess I'm cool with that. He always wanted to jack my action figures... little twit...

But my point by this majorly pointless but soon to be pointed story is (Sorry if that didn't make sense) that I think Arnold wouldn't want to pry, if Helga doesn't want to deal with the consequences of her feelings just yet. I think he's gonna have to weasel it out of her, sorta. Kinda like in Azure129's fic "Tutoring Arnold", where he uses rhymes to kinda... get a one up on her. Like that, in a way.

I see their musho future in many different lights. I'm a very open person in their relationship.

I can see Arnold and Helga being on friendly terms, and then Arnold eventually falling in love with her, and being too shy to admit it. I think he'd be shy about it because Arnold was only comfortable with telling Lila he liked her liked her because he thought she liked him (But she didn't and he was left heart broken. So now she already knows so why not pursue her? It's not like he's risking having her find out he likes her). I also think he'd be shy because love and a crush are two completely different things. So rejection would be a little more scary for him to have to face.

But in an alternate reality where Helga's confession never happened (Which I do a lot of, since it does get in the way a great deal in some of my stories), if they are meant for eachother (Which they are), then Arnold will fall for her and he'll probably be shy about it. Eh... yeah...

Then I can also see Helga moving away, finding herself, then returning with a vengeance. Then Arnold goes ga ga and they get together. Yada yada yada...

And for proper build up... Heck yeah! I do believe build up is essential for a good story... still learning that myself. *Rubs back of neck* I know a lot of people have seemed to like my story "Hypnotizing Helga"... but sometimes I question myself... Why? I mean, I've always loved that idea. I had the idea months before I actually started writing the story... but it's majorly out of character (In my opinion) and it doesn't have the best build up. Although in my defense, it is in the whole "Arnold subconsciously loves Helga" sector of HA!, so him getting lovesick like that is just one of my many theories. I think that once Arnold realizes his feelings, he's gonna instantly go to crush mode. Because look at Arnold's past crushes! He recites poetry in their names, goes off into mushy dazes over them, writes their names a hundred times... I just figured (Not knowing how exactly to deal with it), he would do the same when he'd be in love only about a hundred times more intensely. I don't think he knows how else to deal with it. He's so used to crushes and such.

I have tested this theory out in "HH", and am kinda pleased with it... but not really much. The story has been getting sloppier and I've been losing interest in it. It's an improvisation story, so naturally I'm always a bit confused by what's gonna happen next (About as much as the reader), so I've been extremely weirded out by the reaction to it. A lot of people have been praising me for something that... well, I'm not really proud of.

But I am still having fun with it and am going to finish the story even if it kills me... You think I'm joking about that, don't you?

But I'm very glad that people have been enjoying my mediocre work. If they like that then I think they'll love some of the stuff I have planned in the future. (OH YEAH!)

And thanks for all the advertisement, Nintendo! I'm so glad you've been enjoying! Big Grin

I've found, just recently, that if you watch an episode or two before you begin writing, the in-character aspect just naturally flows. So... that works great.

Anyway, back to Arnold and Helga's relationship (Sorry for drifting off topic).

NintendoGal55 wrote:

I guess so, eh? I heard from someone that the writers did that on purpose. xD In that case...

"I need to lie down."
"Wonderful! I'll go with you! And then we'll sleep together!"
"Huh?!"
"Er...I mean...I'll go with you, and totally, lie down next to you...in a totally not-at-all manner of what I actually meant..."
"Wait, what?"

XD And now we are all scarred. Yay!

1000th Ghost did write a silly one-shot about that. It's called "Lying". Anyone read it? Oh my GOD. It was a ballsy move. ...No pun intended. >> xD

XD HOLY CRAP! Are you TRYING to kill me?! YES!!!

I think Helga was too in "Love trance" to realize her mistake, though. I think it'd go more like...

"I need to lie down."
"Wonderful! I'll go with you! And we'll totally sleep together like wild animals!"
"WHAT?!"
"YUP! Come here ya big lug!"
"HUH?! NO!"

XD Helga's crazy....... I just love her so much!

And I have read that fic. It's freakin' insane, and disgusting... but hilarious!

There's probably more I wanted to say... but I can't remember. *Shrugs* I'll remember when the time is right. Big Grin

Weird1

Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 am

"I need to lie down."
"Wonderful! I'll go with you! And we'll totally sleep together like wild animals!"
"WHAT?!"
"YUP! Come here ya big lug!"
"HUH?! NO!"

ROFL!!!!!!! xD Now you're killing ME!!! LOL!!!

Ahem.

O: Singr!!!! How DARE you say such things!!

You are not giving yourself enough credit. "HH" is fun and fantastic! Now, I understand we as the creators of our work, we tend to be more critical since we see it one way (and we worked on it), while others would see it differently. So yeah, I guess I'm biased since I just love your fic...xD But seriously though, it's fun to read. XD I loooooove it.

The build up is pretty good, actually. You gave them a chance to spend time together, with ol' Arnold seeing a better side of Helga, to help along in seeing how he feels. Then you brought in a major turning point where he STILL really likes her, even when she's no longer in her hypnotic "all of Helga" state! That, my friend, is something I think that needs to be recognized. 8D And hey, sometimes we hit times in writing a fic and we think "Oh man, now what?".

But I'm glad you're still going with it. :3 Trust me, if you didn't...I would just have to kill you. xD And then finish it for you. But that wouldn't be fun! Okay, it would, but you know what I mean. There'd be no suspense and stuff!

ANYWAY...

It's awesome. >w< End of story.

AND YOU WILL LIKE IT! >:U

xD Just kidding.

Ahem.

We have gotten WAY off track. But who cares? This is fun. X3

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:02 am

[quote="NintendoGal55"]

Ahem.

We have gotten WAY off track. But who cares? This is fun. X3

HAHA! So true. I started this topic and come back after a few hours and am now completely lost. XD

That's okay, though. I loved reading all your theories and little conversations. And NintendgoGal55, you totally crack me up!

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:07 am

xD LOL! Oh noes! We have made the OP lost! Aaaaaaahhhh!! X3

Well we all had fun putting 'em in and discussing! 8D And thank YOU for bringing this up to bring this all in!

Blush >////w////< And thank you, One Fine Wire! <3 That's very sweet of you to say. C: I'm glad I cracked you up. I love to make people laugh. >w<

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:08 am

Nintendo:

XD Like I said before, I'm glad you're enjoying.

And don't worry... If I didn't finish it, I'd kill me before you even got a chance. XD

I had that idea stewing in my brain for months, and then I finally get to writing it, and a lot of people seem to like it, and then... after all that, if I didn't finish it... Well, needless to say, there would be some bloodshed. XD

And I'm glad I could make ya laugh. Big Grin

Now let's try and get back on topic... How do we do that? XD

If anyone has anything more to add to the conversation, don't be shy! Come on down and tell us what ya think!!!

YAY!

Yay

Last edited by Weird1 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Felt like it...)

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:13 am

Ahem. Well, I did make a few points about my thoughts concerning Arnold and whether or not he'd stay in San Lorenzo after finding his parents or go home. My thoughts concerning it are on the first page, but seem to have gotten lost in talking about Arnold and Helga. XD

That's okay, though; one of the things that makes "Hey Arnold!" such a great show is the fact that there's so much to disect in it. I'd love to hear your opinions concerning what I wrote on Page 1 (Not the first post, but the second post I made).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:29 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top