Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:55 am

Yeah, that's my issue with Phoebe/Arnold as well. It could be cute, but there's just not as much interesting things going on there.

The real ones I'm completely torn on are Rhonda/Harold versus Rhonda/Curly. I love both so much I can't really decide between them...

Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:57 am

That's how I roll, Squirrel. X3 ArnoldxHelga and GeraldxPhoebe are my two "permanent" (for lack of a better word) ships. Everyone else...well, I'm more willing to explore with them. :3 And no worry, I don't at all look down on people who ship something else. They do what they want, I do what I want, live and let live! Meow I'm perfectly fine with that. ^^

NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:01 am

@Perhapsormaybe: Hee! I actually do not hate Helga/Harold, but I think they'd probably date for like a week and then it'd be over. XD

They seem like they might end up being good friends in the long run though. So I like Helga/Harold friendship stuff a LOT.

Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:02 am

squirreltamer, I think I love you. In a completely platonic way, of course, but I really like the idea of those two being close friends as well...and yeah, I can kind of see them dating, but I agree, the most it would last is a week.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:03 am

You know, I agree with that! I see Harold/Helga friendship too. 8D

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:05 am

I also have a strange desire to see Gerald and Helga become friends. I do not know where this one came from. ...but given how those two were the ring leaders for "New Teacher", maybe it's a good thing they aren't close....

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:14 am

Someone once pointed out that since Arnold and Helga will be together, it's going to have to come to where Gerald and Helga should at least get along a bit. And plus, Phoebe likes Gerald (doi xD), and Arnold and Phoebe DO get along. So while Gerald and Helga may not be "friends" per say, they do need to have a little truce and try to get along. Maybe as they get older and mature?

But that's just what I think, I guess.

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:17 am

I don't know. It's possible it's a 'well, my best friend likes her so I'll put up with her' situation, but I'm not sure. I recently had a good friend start dating a guy I dislike, and ever since then I've been trying to get ahold of her to ask her what the heck she's thinking...

I'd like to see them become friends. I'd always hoped during the show's run that Gerald would figure out Helga's feelings and hint about them to Arnold, but alas, it didn't happen that way...and if it had, it probably would have been out of character.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 am

Well, Helga doesn't really have much of a reason to "hate" Gerald, unless of course I missed something. Yeah, they need to sort out a lot of issues, and I guess once Gerald comes to terms with seeing how Helga really is and that she won't hurt Arnold, he could tolerate her and they could grow to be friends.

Like I said, who knows, I guess. I'm not all too sure myself.

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:40 am

Well, I mean. Helga isn't really going to just up and chance once she and Arnold start dating. People seem to think that the tough, mean exterior is JUST a mask, but it's not. I mean, yes, deep down she is a good, brave, strong person, but she is also mean and cynical and angry.

Her bully persona isn't just for show, she really doesn't like a lot of people and probably wouldn't start treating them any differently even if she was dating Arnold. She's very much her father's daughter.

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:43 am

Oh yeah. That's one thing that bothers me...sometimes people write postconfession Helga as though she just *loves* everybody. I think she might soften up a little bit (certainly in Arnold's direction), but I doubt it'd be too much. I can't really see her offerring to go out shopping with Rhonda, or telling Nadine she'd be oh-so-happy to help her collect bugs, or spending more than ten minutes alone with Lila or Olga without wanting to snap.

Helga's persona as a tough girl wasn't just to protect her secret, it was also very much to protect herself. It's a response to having two parents who aren't watching out for her, so she has to watch out for herself.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:46 am

Also! In It Girl, she pretty much sums it up:

“Oh, Arnold, Arnold, Arnold. I can’t do that. I’m mean and nasty and insensitive. That’s just who I am. That’s what makes me special.”

And it's true! Helga is not all sweetness and fluff like Lila, she's incredibly real. She's got layers that all come together to make her Helga.

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:54 am

Yeah, this is all great. We actually do have some Gerald/Helga bonding in our 6th season plans, Nintendo. Perhapsormaybe should already know of that.

But it will be done.

I also do love the Helga/Harold friendship thing. I actually DID used to explore a little more with Helga's love life. Because at the time, Arnold just didn't seem to like her like that. (I had only seen like... two or three episodes. XD) So then... I was sorta into Helga/Gerald and Helga/Harold. I really was. I was like... eight when all that happened, though. And I despised this show back then (Oh, the irony!). But I think the reason Perhapsormaybe and I both used to see them together is... Well, they're both bullies. *Shrugs* And they're both kinda lazy (Helga CAN be, but isn't much, and Harold is.... Harold). So... I guess it's kinda easy seeing them together. But I don't think it'd work out. They'd date... but soon break up and remain simply friends.

And now... I just love Helga/Arnold! The intrigue of their whole situation is astounding, and they're personality's just... click together so well, it's insane! Which is why I now only love them.

And Squirreltamer, I'm not putting anyone down about this at all. Don't put words into my mouth. I'm cool with whatever anyone else wants to do. I just don't prefer it myself and this is all my personal opinion.

So.... yeah.

Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:54 am

Well yeah, it is true, she is her father's daughter and has inherited those traits. And I certainly wouldn't make her "love" everybody either after her confession and stuff. I guess over time she would soften and mellow out, not too afraid of showing her kinder side. So yes, it's not ALL an act, I agree, but at the same time, she's protecting herself in the "get them before they get me" kind of thing. She puts up all this walls and barriers, using hostility as a defense mechanism, because she feels that if she gives people an inch, they'll walk all over her.

She just needs to realize that being nice doesn't automatically mean being a throw pillow. That it's possible to be nice AND strong at the same time. You know, not taking lip from anyone, being aggressive with the situation calls for it, the whole nine yards. Plus, as Perhapsormaybe said, her parents pretty much neglect her, and she's had to grow up emotionally on her own most of her life, taking care of herself and watching out for number one.

EDIT:

And oh yeah, I wouldn't want her to be like Lila, either! I like her to be real, too. 8D That makes perfect sense.

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:58 am

Perhapsormaybe wrote:

Oh yeah. That's one thing that bothers me...sometimes people write postconfession Helga as though she just *loves* everybody. I think she might soften up a little bit (certainly in Arnold's direction), but I doubt it'd be too much. I can't really see her offerring to go out shopping with Rhonda, or telling Nadine she'd be oh-so-happy to help her collect bugs, or spending more than ten minutes alone with Lila or Olga without wanting to snap

Huh? I don't think I've read anything where Helga was just "Oh-too" sweet... I've read stuff where she has softened a bit more than I thought she would... but I've never read anything where she's gone THAT far... huh... Weird. I agree that that kinda sucks.

Squirreltamer wrote:

Also! In It Girl, she pretty much sums it up:

“Oh, Arnold, Arnold, Arnold. I can’t do that. I’m mean and nasty and insensitive. That’s just who I am. That’s what makes me special.”

And it's true! Helga is not all sweetness and fluff like Lila, she's incredibly real. She's got layers that all come together to make her Helga.

Excellent example there. I loved Arnold's expression after she said that. Tears from laughter

Weird1

Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:01 am

@Weird1: I wasn't? Really, you need to stop getting so defensive so fast. I was generalizing and summing up my thoughts - not singling you out and putting words in your mouth.

*sigh*

Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:03 am

Lila...terrifies me. To the point where I smacked my hand over my mouth earlier today when my boyfriend called and I said something about "I'm ever-so-certain I wouldn't like that"...he laughed and asked me how my Hey Arnold! script was coming along.

I like that we're all on the same page about the Harold/Helga thing.

I want someone to find out about what Helga did for Arnold over Christmas. Everybody talks about her being Cecile, but I think it'd be far more interesting for him to find out that she gave up the shoes she'd *really* wanted just so he could give a great Christmas present to Mr. Hyuhn (...well, not 'just'...).

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 am

I want someone to find out about what Helga did for Arnold over Christmas. Everybody talks about her being Cecile, but I think it'd be far more interesting for him to find out that she gave up the shoes she'd *really* wanted just so he could give a great Christmas present to Mr. Hyuhn (...well, not 'just'...).

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pretty much just die for Arnold to find that out. He's gotta know!!!!!! That'd be so interesting. That would be an interesting HAS6 episode idea. 8D

Speaking of which, not to mention how she wished him a Merry Christmas on the front stoop, kind of like how he did the same in wishing her a Happy Thanksgiving on her front stoop in "Arnold's Thanksgiving"...SO CUTE!!! <3

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:09 am

Oh, I know. It made her seem so angelic, but without losing her edge. My jaw dropped open at the end of that episode and I was just amazed at how kind Helga could be, and how selfless. She knew Arnold wouldn't know what she did...she just wanted to make him happy.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:11 am

*Sniff*

It's one of the most notable things she's done for him (aside from the movie) that just proves she really loves him. <3

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:14 am

Oh, I know. *sigh* I really wanted to see him find out about that! ...I wonder...has anyone submitted a Christmas special for...I need to go look at the season 6 board. I have a plan...

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:17 am

SQUEE!!!! <3

Ahem.

I'm not sure if they pitched a Holiday special yet. Great idea!! 8D I bet they'd go for it!

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:19 am

Would you be interested in working on the plot idea with me? It'd really be helpful, because I still need to finish my "Helga On Court" script.

Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:19 am

@Squirreltamer: I wasn't getting defensive. Really. I was saying that in a more friendly way. This is me getting defensive...

"I'M NOT DEFENSIVE!!!!!!"

See? Okay, putting behind me. On with the show...

@Perhapsormaybe: I think there is a Christmas episode we're working on. Something about secret santa's and such.

Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 am

Really? They are? Huh...I must be reading the episode ideas at the wrong place. I don't recall...maybe I need to look again.

Perhapsormaybe, well, sure! I'd be glad to help you!

NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:32 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down